They say that you can always tell a person’s age by looking at their hands.
Well… not anymore!
Hands are often the tell-tale sign of a person’s age. It is a common expression that if you want to guess someone’s age, you should take a look at their hands. Since this expression is being used on a regular basis, it’s no wonder those who are pursuing a more youthful appearance are looking to combat the sign of age on their hands too!
Hands are exposed to sunlight and hence show signs of ageing very clearly. Sun spots and sun damage are some of the signs, along with a loss of fatty tissue which can result in the appearance of wrinkles.
Anti-Ageing Treatments for Hands
- Laser: If sun spots and sun damage are your main concern regarding your hands, you may want to consider laser treatment. Laser can minimise or even eliminate the appearance of sun damage as well as sun spots and thus improve the appearance of your hands.
- Dermal Fillers: If you are experiencing fat loss in your hands, you may notice that the skin appears thinner and more wrinkled. You may even find your veins appearing a lot more noticeable. One of the most effective ways to combat this is the use of dermal fillers. Dermal fillers will slightly plump up the hands and restore lost volume. In doing so, your hands will have a firmer and more youthful look.
Maintaining youthful hands or at least minimising the effects of ageing means that you need to be taking care of your hands on a regular basis. These tips and tricks will ensure that your hands do not age as harshly.
- Use gloves during prolonged outdoor exposure or when cleaning
- If you do not want to wear gloves on a hot day (who does?) be sure to apply sunscreen to your hands
- Moisturise your hands on a regular basis
- Exfoliate your hands weekly
- Reduce or quit smoking
Anti-Ageing hand treatment | Queensland
To find out if you are eligible to restore the youth in your hands contact our team today!
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the best anti-ageing treatments for hands?The two main tell-tale signs of ageing on hands is sun damage and fat loss. These issues can be treated with laser and dermal fillers.
How do dermal fillers make my hands look younger?When you age, you lose fat in your hands. This results in the skin looking thinner and more wrinkled. Dermal fillers restore this lost volume and thus make your hands appear younger.
Am I able to prevent my hands ageing at home?Ageing is inevitable. You are not able to prevent it, however you can minimise it. Applying sunscreen to your hands and exfoliating and moisturising them regularly will help your hands age more gracefully.