Dr Hugo Pin offers minimally invasive treatment options with uncomplicated procedures.
No major incisions and no hospitalisation means you have less routine disruptions and you will be back on your feet the same day. We have flexible treatment options and our outpatient sessions usually take less than an hour. These include:
In EVLA (sometimes referred to as “laser treatment”), the doctor uses a small optic fibre inserted directly into targeted veins, and laser light is delivered to heat and collapse veins with unhealthy valves. The destroyed veins are absorbed by your body, and circulation naturally improves.
The procedure is always performed under ultrasound guidance, giving the doctor a live view of your veins, for accuracy and safety.
Benefits of laser treatment.
Endovenous Laser Ablation is a method that treats both the symptoms of varicose veins, and also treats the underlying condition that causes them.
Here are a few reasons to consider laser therapy:
– It’s safe, proven, does not require hospitalisation
– The outpatient procedure time is usually less than an hour
– Recovery time is generally a matter of hours
– Most people do not find EVLA to be overly uncomfortable
Unfortunately, laser treatment cannot treat veins that are too small, twisted, and/or close to the surface of the skin. For these cases, ultrasound-guided sclerotherapy (UGS) is likely a better option. Dr Pin will tailor a treatment plan specifically for your condition.
Phlebectomy (also known as microphlebectomy or ambulatory phlebectomy -AP) is a minimally invasive procedure used to remove bulging varicose veins. A few tiny incisions are made in the skin through which the varicose vein is gently removed with a small hook. Stitches usually are not required. Local anaesthesia is injected to numb the skin.
Phlebectomy is always done along with another treatment for varicose veins, including, Endovenous Laser Ablation, Radiofrequency Ablation, Medical Super-glue or Ultrasound-guided Sclerotherapy.
Benefits of phlebectomy treatment.
Here are some reasons to consider a phlebectomy:
– Simple, outpatient procedure
– Completed under tumescent anaesthesia
– Little or no scarring
– Faster resolution of symptoms
There are cases where phlebectomy may not be the best option. In order to maximise your results and restore your active lifestyle as quickly as possible, Dr Pin will tailor a treatment plan specifically for your condition.
In sclerotherapy, a few injections of a TGA approved solution (“sclerosant”) are administered directly into varicose veins or spider veins. The injected solution closes off veins with abnormal valves. Over time, the treated veins shrink and are eventually absorbed by your body. Blood flow naturally reroutes itself into healthy veins, improving circulation and eliminating the root cause, as well as the symptoms of vein disease.
Treatment may or may not involve ultrasound to either map your venous system for diagnosis or to provide a live view of your veins. Physicians usually utilise ultrasound-guided sclerotherapy (UGS) to treat larger varicose veins.
For smaller spider veins closer to the skin’s surface, ultrasound guidance is usually not necessary and visual inspection is sufficient.
– Safe, proven, does not require hospitalisation
– Each session usually takes 30 minutes
– Most patients do not find sclerotherapy treatments to be particularly painful
– Recovery time is generally very short (most patients are back to their regular routine the same day)
Sclerotherapy may be used for small to medium varicose veins, on its own or in conjunction with endovenous laser ablation (EVLA) or phlebectomy (AP).
Dr Pin will customise a treatment plan designed to allow you to return to your active lifestyle as quickly as possible.
Cyanoacrylate Glue (Venablock) is a recent innovation in modern varicose vein treatment. The medical grade adhesive glue is delivered to the varicose veins via direct needle injections or a soft catheter. VenaBlock Glue is an alternative to surgical stripping of varicose veins. It is less invasive and associated with minimal downtime and complications.
Benefits of the VenaBlock Procedure:
– Safe outpatient procedure
– Completed under local anaesthesia only
– Less discomfort than during laser procedures, since tumescent anaesthesia is not used.
– Less pain and bruising than other vein treatment options.
– All activities, including exercise, can be resumed immediately after the procedure.
– Compression stockings not needed.
We are the only clinic in Queensland to provide this revolutionary treatment. The Vein Gogh Thermolysis System provides a superior solution for the treatment of fine telangiectasia, spider veins and small angiomas that have shown a resistance to sclerotherapy, laser or IPL treatment. Vein Gogh is the fast, easy way to reliably treat these and other cosmetically unacceptable conditions, often with less discomfort compared to older therapies. The Vein Gogh treatment is usually appropriate for most patients who are in good health and are looking for a procedure that is fast and has no downtime. To find out if you are an appropriate candidate, you can arrange a consultation at our Sunshine Coast clinic.
Benefits of Vein Gogh treatment:
- Consistent and long-term results, with little or no discomfort.
- Extremely fast treatment time.
- Clears recalcitrant vessels that laser/IPL and sclerotherapy leave behind.
- Fast, immediate results.
- Treats the veins without damaging the surrounding tissues.
- Usually, only a single treatment required for the face.
- Virtually no downtime
Book your consultation
Book your initial consultation online, or go to our contact page and make an enquiry.